CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Homemade playdough



This morning, Anne Marie and I tried our first batch of homemade playdough. Here's how we did it.

Homemade playdough
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp. oil (I used Canola)
some cream of tartar
Koolaid powder (we used berry lemonade and got a teal color)

Mix everything but the Kool-Aid in a small saucepan. Heat on low, stirring, for about 5 minutes. Then knead in the Kool-Aid powder for color.

About the cream of tartar. I looked on the Internet for playdough recipes, and the amount of cream of tartar varied from 1 tsp. to 1/2 cup. Cream of tartar is expensive, so I didn't go for 1/2 cup. I just dumped some in, and it worked out fine.

1 comments:

New Girl said...

It would be a lot better if you added the coloring before cooking. My recipe is better. you can find it at http:www.muchbetterrecipes.com